Rubberguard 270 External Waterproofing Corner
Cemix Safeguard 270° Waterproofing corner ensures the most critical areas are protected so the waterproofing application is successful, surviving the test of time. Waterproofing Corners take away the guess work at the most volatile areas, ensuring a quality watertight seal that accommodates movement in a variety of different waterproofing applications. These corners are made from a unique grade of rubber, providing an elastic “flexible zone” that follows the line of the wall/floor junction, forming a rupture resistant seal at corner intersections.
Typical Application & Uses:
- Wet Areas, showers & laundries
- Roofs, decks, balconies, podiums
- Planter boxes, garden beds
- Ponds, tanks, water features
- Waterproofing corner intersections wherever Cemix membranes are to be applied
- Ensures a seamless elastic seal at joint intersections
- Waterproof and a vapour barrier
- Fast effective application
- Enables 100% elastic recovery when exposed to movement
- High strength and excellent tear resistance
- Long term sealing protection at volatile areas
- Eliminates lapping and bonding of fabrics at critical corner areas
- Compatible and guaranteed with all Cemix membranes
Ensure the surface is clean, free of dust, loose foreign matter and debris. Surfaces must be free of oil, wax or grease residues. Wiping over with alcohol based cleaner is recommended so optimum adhesion can be achieved. If applying over dusty concrete, masonry surfaces, prime first with Cemix® primer to stabilise surface.
Over primed surface (Cemix® Tile Bond Latex) apply a thick coating of the waterproofing membrane Cemix® Rubberguard. With a suitable flat blade knife, fit the corner ensuring no large pockets of membrane or the inclusion of air pockets exist behind the bandage. Apply Cemix® Rubberguard on top of the corner so that it is fully embedded into the first layer. Horizontal tapes (wall and floor joints) should overlap on to the corner by 80mm. Vertical tapes should overlap on to the corner by 40mm.
Application Temp – 5 – 30oC
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Cemix® Safeguard 270o Waterproofing Corner needs to be stored in a cool dry place.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
For an external corner, always work away from the corner, pulling the Safeguard 180. This ensures that the preformed corner is held tight.