Cemix Pavetight Sand is a scientific formulation of graded sand to allow flexible filling of vertical joints in segmental paving. It forms a flexible joint allowing slight movement of the pavers. It is ideal for bonding joints of new clay and masonry pavers in domestic and commercial driveways and footpaths, particularly in areas of high wind and steep gradient. Cemix Pavetight Sand meets NZ standard specification NZS 3116; 1991.
Typical Applications & Uses:
- Sand for locking pavers, clay tiles and cobble joints
- High wind and traffic areas
- Helps resist weeds and insects
- Ideal for areas of high wind and steep gradient
20kg or 40kg
After laying the paving, clean and dry the substrate. Do not apply Cemix® Pavetight Sand to damp pavers. Spread the contents of the bag directly onto the pavers, and use a stiff broom to sweep the contents into the joints. Any product left over the pavers, should be swept clean and then work the entire area with a vibrating plate compactor for a minimum of two passes. Due to the vibration, the Cemix® Pavetight Sand will settle in the joints and more Cemix® Pavetight Sand may need to be poured over and then broomed in to fill those gaps. Compact the entire area again. Apply a light even spray of clean water. For large-scale commercial applications, please get in touch with the supplier or Cemix® for further advice.
Cemix® Pavetight Sand consists of a uniformly blended, properly proportioned mixture of sands and other additives to improve workability and the locking performance of the product.
Appearance – Cementitious grey powder.
Yield / Coverage – 1 x 20kg bag will cover an area of 6 - 7.5m2 if the paver thickness is 50mm.
Packaging – 20kg or 40kg bags.
Meets NZ standard specification NZS 3116 1991.
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Cemix® Pavetight Sand in a cool dry area and use within 6 months.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
- For very porous pavers where Pave tight sand can sit in the small surface voids, suggest application by a funnel or vacuuming of paver before applying light spray of water. Pave tight left on/in the paver surface will leave a stain once it has come into contact with water.
- Do not apply to damp pavers as this will lead to product adhering and/or staining the paver.