Cemix® Rocket Prime is a specially formulated primer designed for enhancing adhesion onto smooth and dense surfaces. Solvent free and non-hazardous. It displays outstanding bonding properties to metals, plastics and glazed surfaces, avoiding the need for solvent etching or hazardous grinding. Ideally suited for the application of Cemix Rubberguard waterproofing membrane coatings, adhesives and mortars to enable reliable adhesion to difficult surfaces.
Typical Application / Uses:
- For use on non-porous substrates e.g. plastic, glass and steel.
- Ideal for puddle flanges and pipe penetrations.
- Ready to use from the container.
- Provides excellent adhesion to concrete, masonry, plaster, cement fibreboard and most surfaces.
- Greatly improves tensile, compressive and flexural properties allowing thin section application of concrete, mortar, floor toppings etc.
- Excellent bond achieved even several hours after application.
- Is not affected by water in exterior situations. Improves abrasion resistance and durability.
- Chemical resistance is improved.
- Improves mobility and performance while reducing shrinkage.
- Non-toxic (can be used in contact with potable water)
2L, 4L & 15L
The substrate should be free of dust, grease, wax, oil, dirt, loose plaster, laitance, curing compounds, paint and all other friable materials and contaminants likely to prevent bonding. New concrete should be left with a wood float finish and sufficiently aged for a minimum of 28 days.
- Metals such as galvanized iron, zincalume stainless steel, copper, brass, and most metals.
- Vitrified and glazed tiles, natural stone.
- Dense concrete (steel trowelled) and self leveling compounds
- Clay brick, precast concrete
- PVC and rigid plastics
- Existing acrylic coatings and Cemix® products.
- For further information contact Cemix® Technical support.
Stir product well before using. Apply with a long bristle brush or short nap roller Before applying on metals, plastics or glazed surfaces, ensure all solvent or film residues are removed.
Before commencing the application, adhesion of products to be used (primers, membranes, coatings, adhesives, etc.) should be tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion. Do not apply over sealants such as polyurethanes, silicones, stone top sealers and the like. Only use water based systems over Cemix® Rocket Prime. Not to be used for immersed applications.
Appearance - Light Tan
Application Temp – Do not apply below 10oC or above 35oC
Yield / Coverage - Approximately 1Litre/10m2 on general smooth even surfaces. Subject to uneven rougher surfaces and the like, this spread may reduce
Fast drying – Tack free: 20 - 40 minutes
Dry film: 30 – 60 minutes
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
It is important to agitate this product well before use.
Cemix® Rocket Prime is best stored at room temperature. Avoid cold freezing conditions. Store off concrete floors. Do not store in direct sunlight. Twelve (12) months - unopened in dry weatherproof storage.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.