Cemix® Cemfair is a fast setting, polymer modified concrete repair fairing mortar for horizontal, vertical & overhead patching & feather edged applications up to 3mm in depth. This is a rapid setting product designed to enable early sanding. Do not apply more than can be applied within ten minutes of adding water.
Typical Application / Uses:
Cemix® Cemfair may be used for:
- Horizontal, vertical & overhead patching & feather edged repairs to concrete
- Precast concrete patching
- Overcoat to concrete repairs >3mm deep
- Good colour match to concrete
- One component, just add water
- Can be feather edged
- Horizontal, vertical & overhead patching
- Short curing time, Can be sanded in a few hours or less.
- Good bond strength
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Low chloride ion permeability
- Polymer modified
5kg & 10kg & 20kg
Concrete substrates should be clean & free from all contaminants, loose particles, dust, coatings, dirt, mould, oil etc. Substrates must be sound & rough to ensure a good bond.
Hand mix to a trowelable slurry. Do not mix more than can be applied in ten minutes as this is a fast curing product. Product may need to be re mixed to maintain pliability while applying.
Dampen the concrete substrate avoiding water ponding. Apply Cemfair to the surface pushing it into the substrate with a firm trowel action. Sand when dry to obtain final finish and colour
Cure product thoroughly after it has set by keeping it wet & covered for at least 7 days. Avoid product freezing for at least 3 days
Appearance – Sand/Cement grey powder.
Application Temp- 5ºC to 25ºC
Yield / Coverage - 5kg: Approximately 3.1L or 0.0031m3
10kg: Approximately 6.2L or 0.0062m3.
20kg: Approximately 12.3L or 0.0123m3
Thermal Coeff. Of Exp – 9.0 x 10-6 mm/mm/ ºC
Chloride Ion Permeability – < 1000 coulombs
Working Time – 10 minutes at 20ºC
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
- Do not apply product onto surfaces less than 5ºC & more than 25º C.
- Do not use product in temperatures less than 5ºC & more than 25º C.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
Can be stored in its original packaging in a dry place well sealed for a period of six (6) months after production. Do not store opened bags.