Cemix® Cempoxy Liquid is a pourable, low viscosity, unfilled, high strength epoxy liquid. It has good mechanical properties and chemical resistance. Cemix® Cempoxy Liquid has excellent adhesion to concrete, steel, stone, timber and many other materials.
Typical Application / Uses:
- Crack repairs by injection or gravity feed.
- New concrete to old concrete bonding e.g. between toppings and construction joints.
- Bonding of tile adhesives to existing substrates.
- Low viscosity grouting of holding down bolts, starters, anchors & dowels.
- High compressive strength.
- High tensile strength.
- High bond strength.
- Pourable and versatile.
- Good chemical resistance.
1L, 4L & 20L packs.
Substrates should be clean & free from all contaminants, loose particles, coatings, curing compounds, dirt, oil, grease etc. Prepare concrete by honing or etching where possible. Prepare steel by grinding or sand blasting. Prepare cracks by cleaning then out thoroughly & then drying them out fully. Substrates must be sound, dry & roughened to ensure a good bond.
Cemix® Cempoxy Liquid is supplied in packs containing the correct proportions of resin and hardener. Mix whole packs at a time; do not mix part packs. Add the Hardener to the Resin. Allow the Hardener to fully drain into the resin. Thoroughly mix the Resin & Hardener for 3 - 4 minutes using a drill & paddle. Avoid entrapping air during mixing. During mixing scrape the sides & bottom of the mixing container with a scraper to ensure that all components are incorporated. Larger volumes will generate heat & reduce pot life.
Use product immediately after mixing. Apply liquid onto a clean, dry & roughened substrate or into clean, dry & roughened cracks. Finishing of exposed surfaces is aided by using a trowel wiped with Cemix Cleaning and thinning solvent just before the material becomes unworkable.
Appearance - Transparent
Strength (MPa) – 30MPa @ 1 day; 70MPa @ 7 days.
Application Temp – 10oC - 35oC
Mix Ratio – 1:4 by volume
Viscosity – Low
Pot Life – 20-30 minutes @ 20oC
SG – 1.1
Tensile Strength – 24MPa
Compressive Modulus – 2GPa
Thermal Expansion – 5 x 10-5 mm/mm/ oC
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
- Larger pot volumes will generate heat lowering the pot life.
- Protect epoxy from extreme temperatures, rain & water after application.
- Do not allow grout to drop below 10ºC until it has reached its minimum compressive strength.
- Do not wet cure epoxy.
- Will change colour when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not finish with solvent.
One (1) year in original unopened containers. Do not store opened containers.
Clean all tools & equipment before product hardens with Cemix® Cleaning and Thinning Solvent. Clean hands & skin with soap & warm water.
Do not apply product on to surfaces less than 10oC or more than 35oC. Do not use product in temperatures less than 10oC or more than 35oC.