Wide Joint Grout
Cemix® Wide Joint Grout is a cementitious grout designed for use with most tile types on interior or exterior walls and floors with grout joint widths 5 – 20mm. The grout is shrinkage compensated which can prevent cracking.
Typical Application / Uses:
Cemix® Wide Joint Grout is generally used for:
- Internal wall and floor grouting
- External wall and floor grouting
- Grouting joints 5 – 20mm wide
- Suitable for most tile types
- Shrinkage compensated which can prevent cracking.
- Great workability
- Easy to use
- Un-sanded formula
- Suitable for most tile types
2kg, 5kg & 10kg
Cemix® Wide Joint Grout can be used with ceramic tiles, terrazzo, slate, quarry tiles and natural stones. Cemix® Wide Joint Grout cannot be used with dimensionally unstable or moisture sensitive tile or stone types.
Cemix® Wide Joint Grout can be applied 24 hours after tiling. Before commencing grouting ensure the tile adhesive has firmly set and the grout joints are clean. Before applying the grout, ensure the joints are dampened with clean water.
- Add clean water to a mixing container and slowly add the Cemix® Wide Joint Grout powder into the water with continuous mixing until a thick creamy paste consistency without lumps is achieved.
- The mixing ration is 10kg powder to 1.8 litres of water.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly for 5 minutes and let it stand for 5 minutes for the additives to dissolve, then mix again before use.
For grouting over timber floors or any other difficult surfaces where movement is expected, fully replace the water in the Cemix® Wide Joint Grout with Cemix® Tile Bond Latex.
Diagonally apply the mixed Cemix® Wide Joint Grout with a rubber float or squeegee over the tiled surface. Allow the grout to dry for 15 - 30 minutes depending on temperature and humidity. Once dry, use a wet cloth to clean the tiled surface.
Approximately 24 hours at 23oC and 50% relative humidity. Once fully dried, grout joints can be sealed. This is usually after a 24-hour period. Allow longer for dense tiles, lower temperatures or high relative humidity.
Appearance – Cementitious coloured powder
Application Temp – 5oC – 25oC
Yield / Coverage – 10kg will cover approximately 1m2 up to 5mm joints.
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
- Do not use Cemix® Wide Joint Grout for chemical resistant joints.
- A minimum joint width of 5mm is recommended for porous tiles.
- Cemix® Wide Joint Grout has special additives to reduce efflorescence. Efflorescence can often occur at low temperatures, wet conditions, and in particular in external applications. To reduce initial efflorescence, keep the amount of water used in the mixing and clean up of grouts to a minimum. Efflorescence whilst more evident with dark grout, can also affect light coloured grouts.
- Cemix® does not guarantee against shade variations and efflorescence caused by factors beyond its control, including the nature of cement, job site conditions, finishing techniques and uneven drying conditions.
- To prevent staining, porous face tiles e.g. terracotta should be sealed prior to grouting.
- In swimming pool applications, please contact Cemix® Technical as colours may bleach over a period of time. Use Cemix® Wide Joint Grout mixed with undiluted Cemix® Tile Bond Latex. Allow a minimum of 14 days for grout to cure before pool is filled as chemical imbalance in the pool water may lead to grout failure.
- For public pools or spas, use an epoxy grout.
- As some polished or stone surfaces may be prone to scratching, it is important to conduct a trial application prior to use.
- For expansion or movement joints use a silicon sealant.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
Can be store for twelve (12) months in original sealed bags / boxes in dry storage.