Cemix® COLOURED SILICONE is a flexible sealant for use in joints such as wall and floor joints, tiled surface and bench tops, bath edges, cupboards, splashbacks and movement joints. It has great adhesion with ceramic tiles, glass, enamel, aluminium, granite, porcelain and sanitary acrylics. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, CEMIX COLOURED SILICONE is waterproof and is suitable for use in a shower recess. Do not use under waterproofing membranes or in continuous immersion applications such as swimming pools.
Apply at temperatures between 5°C and 40°C.
1. Ensure joints and surfaces are dry, clean and free from grease, soap and water.
2. Maximum joint width is 30mm and depth 15mm. For joints greater than 10mm deep a backing rod should be used. To achieve a neater finish, or when using unglazed porous tiles, mask joint edges with tape.
3. Trim end nozzle to obtain correct bead width and place cartridge in applicator gun.
4. Apply sealant in a steady continuous bead ensuring good contact with both sides of the joint. Tool off with a moistened spatula to finish the joint smoothly before a skin forms (10 mins).
5. While the silicone is still wet, clean off any excess. (If joint edges have been masked, remove tape whilst still wet. If the silicone has dried on the surface, clean with white spiritsolvent to soften the silicone then scrape off with a blade.)
6. Do not paint over the silicone.
Product is guaranteed for 10 years when installed to manufacturers instructions. The guarantee does not cover shade variations and efflorescence as these are caused by factors beyond the manufacturers control, including nature of cement, job site conditions, finishing techniques and uneven drying conditions.
24 months when stored in original unopened packaging
Contact with natural stone, bitumen-based materials and rubber modified adhesives and metals such as brass and copper, may cause discolouration. Not suitable for use in continuous immersion situations such as swimming pools.
APPLICATION TEMP: 1 5°C to 40°C
APPEARANCE: Coloured Paste
SHELL LIFE: 24 months
FORM: Coloured Paste
SKIN FORMING TIME (+23°C, 50% RH ) : Approx. 10-12 MIN
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Use in well-ventilated areas. Avoid skin and eye contact. If uncured material makes contact with the eye, flush with clean water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice. In case of skin contact, first wipe skin with a dry cloth then wash with soap and water. If respiratory discomfort is experienced, move to an area for fresh air. If swallowed, drink plenty of water in small portions, do not induce vomiting and seek medical advice. Keep the product out of the reach of children.
The technical details and recommendations contained in this data sheet are given in good faith and represent the best of our knowledge and experience at the time of printing. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the products are used in accordance with CEMIX product instructions and in applications for which they are intended.