Cemix® QUICK PLUG is a single component fast setting hydraulic cement powder comprising of graded fine sand and specially formulated additives. When mixed with water, it becomes a fast setting repair mortar, which expands, and bonds tenaciously to substrate, thus stopping running water and leakages through cracks.
- Stops leakage and seepage through general masonry, concrete, floor-to-wall junctions, and walls and around inserts such as concrete pipes and sleeves.
- QUICK PLUG can be used above and below grade to plug holes, static cracks and faults.
- Suitable to use in basements, foundations, retaining walls, elevator pits, well, mines, tunnels, cofferdams.
- Anchoring bolts, dowels and metal fixtures in wet condition.
- Can be used to install equipment or railings and to anchor machines.
- Plugs cracks in concrete and masonry surface instantaneously
- Fast setting
- Fully hydraulic-therefore, reduce permeability
- High early and ultimate compressive and tensile strength
- Non-metallic and non-toxic
- Chloride free
INSTALLATION & MIXING
Areas to be plugged must be free from any loose concrete, laitance using wire brush or suitable tools.
- Wear rubber or polythene gloves.
- Mix QUICK PLUG by hand in the ratio 4:1 (powder to water).
- Mix for 15 seconds. Work into a suitable shape for application for a further 15 seconds and then plug hole.
Hold the QUICK PLUG paste in one hand until product starts to slightly stiffen or heat generated, is felt. Press it firmly into the hole or crack. Maintain pressure on the area until product hardeners. Shave off excess material as soon as initial set has taken place.
MIXING / HARDING TIME:
QUICK PLUG : Water 1 : 0.25 - 0.3 (by weight)
Hardening: 60 -120 seconds
The shelf life of QUICK PLUG is 6 months when stored unopened, and kept in a cool and dry place.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Product is alkaline on contact with water and may cause injury to skin or eyes Inhalation of dust cause irritation. Frequent or prolonged inhalation of dust. Ingestion may cause irritation. In the event of contact with skin, wash off immediately with clean water. If product enters the eyes, wash off clean water but it discomfort persists, seek medical advice.