Cemix Rubberguard is an elastomeric one component waterproof membrane that has been designed for a range of undertile waterproofing applications. Based on high performance polymer technology, Cemix Rubberguard offers an easy to use one component membrane free of solvents and isocyanates. Cemix Rubberguard offers excellent adhesion properties over building substrates including concrete, masonry, renders, cement sheeting, wet area sheet surfaces and plaster board surfaces. Possesses outstanding low water vapor transmission properties and is fully compatible with polymer modified cement based tile adhesives (Cemix Rubberflex), screeds and renders. Cemix Rubberguard is ideally suited as a general purpose wet area membrane.
Typical Application & Uses:
- Wet areas and shower alcoves
- Podiums, terraces, balconies and deck areas
- Waterproofing applications requiring high vapor barrier properties
- One component
- Elastomeric and flexible
- Once cured will not re-emulsify, handles permanently wet conditions
- Outstanding low water vapor transmission properties
- Excellent adhesion to surfaces
- Compatible bonding properties for Cemix tile adhesives, screeds and renders
- Solvent free, nonhazardous, low VOC
- Suitable for internal or external applications
Concrete substrates should be sound & primed (Cemix® Rocket Prime or Cemix® Cemlastic) to ensure a good bond. The substrate should be uncoated & clean, free from all contaminants, loose particles, dirt, oil, mould, curing compounds, sealers & paints etc. Vacuuming may be required to prepare the surface depending on substrate condition. Washing with soap & water blasting may also be required if oil is present. Cracks should be repaired with a suitable Cemix® repair product. The better the substrate preparation & condition the better the end result. The concrete substrate should ideally be at least one month old.
As a wet area membrane Cemix® Rubberguard requires a suitable bond breaker at all substrate junctions. The Cemix® Safeguard detailing tape is recommended to be used.
Cemix® Rubberguard membrane should be lightly stirred before using, and can be applied to both vertical and horizontal surfaces using a roller or brush. A minimum of two coats is recommended to be applied, at a minimum coverage of 1.5 litres/m2 for general wet area applications.
- Recoat- 4 hours
- Dry film – 12 hours
- Tiling – 24 hours.
- Immersion 21 days
*Based on normal ambient conditions of ≤23° C.
Appearance – High viscous; colour blue
Application Temp – 5oC – 24oC
Yield / Coverage - Approximately 1.5 litres/m2 for general wet area applications.
Packaging – 15kg pails.
Standards: CEMIX Rubberguard conforms to the requirements of AS3740 -2010 and AS / NZS4858 Class 2. BRANZ APPRAISAL # 778 Internal and #777 External use.
Specific gravity of mixed product: 1.28kg/litre
Solids Content: ≥78%
Tensile strength: ≥1.1MPa
Adhesion to concrete (primed): ≥1.85MPa
Water vapor transmission: 1.10g/24h/m2
Shore A hardness: 68
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
- Cemix® Rubberguard is not designed for use as an exposed membrane.
- Cemix® tile adhesives are recommended for direct adhesion to Cemix® Rubberguard membranes.
- Best storage conditions require a dry area, avoiding humidity and frost.
- Pot life for the mixed membrane is approximately 60 minutes in normal ambient conditions of ≤23° C.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.