Cemix® Cemprotect is a high performance nanotechnology penetrating hydrophobic protection treatment for all cementitious substrates, as well as natural & artificial stone. It serves to protect these substrates by keeping the surface dry through a powerful water repelling action. It is water based making it more environmentally friendly & less toxic. Cemix® Cemprotect treatment slightly darkens the surface & enhances colour. There is no impairment of the substrates ability to “breathe”, allowing water vapour to escape where required. As water is the primary agent for the long term destruction of concrete & stone & is involved in nearly every form of gradual substrate deterioration, hydrophobic Cemix® Cemprotect is an obvious choice for long term substrate protection.
Typical Application / Uses:
- As the base coat primer for Cemix® Architectural sealer E2 compliant system.
- To protect all concrete structures from gradual damage by water borne aggressors.
- To protect all cementitious & stone substrates from water damage including preventing efflorescence & mould growth.
- As a concrete floor treatment to protect against rising damp in concrete floors.
- To enhance weatherproofing of precast concrete & poured concrete walls.
- As the base coat primer for Cemix® Architectural Sealer.
- As a near invisible sealer for concrete masonry, concrete brick & stone veneers.
- As a non-slip sealer for concrete floors, concrete/stone paving, & concrete roof tiles.
- As a water repellent primer for clear sealers & paints. As a near invisible sealer for solid plaster.
- As a water repellent admixture for site batched mortar & solid plaster.
- Strong water repellent action
- Water based
- UV resistant
- Highly breathable
- Easy to use
1L, 4L, 10L & 20L
Surfaces should be uncoated & clean, free from all contaminants, loose particles, dirt, mould, efflorescence, oil etc. Surfaces should be dry & able to accept water.
Shake product thoroughly before using it taking care not to contaminate it. Do not dilute product.
Sealer: Apply undiluted first coat generously & evenly by low-pressure spray or brush onto a dry surface. Ensure that the surface is well flooded & allow product to be fully absorbed. Apply the second coat onto the first coat, ideally after one hour but within three hours. Ensure that the surface is once again well flooded. A third coat can be applied immediately after the second coat if required (recommended for highly absorbent porous substrates such as non-water-repellent block & mortar). Apply evenly and avoid streaking on vertical surfaces. Apply to whole areas or panels in one go. On very dense surfaces, wipe up any surface excess that has not been absorbed with a soft cloth before it dries after approximately 45min.
Admixture for site batched mortars & plasters: Replace 1/3 of the mixing water with Cemix® Cemprotect & mix thoroughly. Pre-project trials are recommended.
Protect applied product from rain and freezing for at least 24 hours after application. Wipe product off any joinery, glass & other surfaces before it dries.
When using the product as a primer, it can be overcoated once dry 24 hours after application.
Appearance – Milky White Liquid
Application Temp – 5 – 30oC
Yield / Coverage – Porous masonry: Approximately 1.5m2 per L for two coats, depending on surface porosity. Dense concrete & stone: Approximately 5m2 to 10m2 per L, depending on surface porosity.
Packaging – 1L, 4L, 10L & 20L.
Specific Gravity – 1.01
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations may occur on site.
Clean sealed surface as and when required with clean water & low strength water based detergent. Depending on ‘wear & tear’ re-apply Cemix® Cemprotect to a clean dry surface every 5 - 10 years, or as required.
Cemix® Cemlastic can be stored in its original container in a cool place with lids tightly sealed for a period of twenty-four (24) months after production. Do not allow product to freeze during storage.
Clean all tools with water & brush immediately after use.
Do not allow product to freeze during storage & application. Protect applied product from rain and freezing for 24 hours after application